Monday, September 22, 2008

Today is an autumnal equinox

It is one of two days in the year when the sun spends exactly the same amount of time above and below the equator. It thus signifies the start of shorter days and longer nights, I do like the sound of that, the beautiful fall colors raved about in the East, not sure what the colors will be like here in the West and the time to bring out the sweaters.

Somehow like magic, mother nature knows when to flip the switch. I almost think she has a chart which says today is the official first day of fall! and promptly changes the weather. Well of course, I know how the 'official first/last days' were deduced, but it seems nice to think of it in my terms!

Official reports confirmed that 'fALL' arrived at 8:44 AM PDT today, I believe the chill and the rain are here to stay for sometime now.

I did not know that there was a state water law that limits the amount of rain water that can be saved! Imagine such a rule in Mangalore! where is the reason?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The colors sure look fantastic here [:)]