Sunday, September 21, 2008

Palin who?

America seems to have gone from Palin 'who' to Palin 'no'. This spot-on on SNL is totally hilarious nevertheless.

The web is still abuzz with Palin...Check out what your name would be if Sarah Palin were your mother, this url was broadcast on CNN of all channels, mine turned out to be Rock Crane Palin, sounds cool doesn't it?, but it does not make much sense to me. How does inputting my own name help in figuring out my own name if Sarah Palin was my mother, beats me! and while visualizing out your Palin name you can also buy the exact same pair of glasses that Sarah Palin loves to wear, these seems to be the latest fad, Kawasaki 704 Glasses.

To be fair to Palin though, who herself made the tabula rasa claim seem true with her apparent ignorance on the bush doctrine, the episode seemed blown out of proportion. She could have handled Charles Gibson's Bush doctrine question by simply admitting she did not know what he was talking about, but then VP candidates don't admit!, there was some discomfort for sure. I can admit but then I am no potential VP of America!

Does all this side-dish buzz digress the more important issues, seems so anyway like the now infamous bridge to nowhere. As I watch the Emmy's, I hear the veiled references to the Republican covergirl from none other than Stephen Colbert and a not so subtle one from Howie Mandel. Some trendsetter she sure is, wait for the Biden-Palin debate.

No comments: